Your Facebook business page is starting to get some attention and it’s time to add an admin or two who can help with posting updates, answer the questions and comments being posted and actively engage with your fans. Whether you’re adding a friend or family member or adding your professional marketing and ad agency, the steps will be the same. But what are those steps? How do you do it?
Below is a step by step guide to adding an admin to your business page.
- Log into your page and click “Settings” in the top right
- Choose “Page Roles” from the left drop-down of choices
- You’ll now see a listing of all names who have admin accessibility to your page. This might only be your name and email. Where you see the empty box, add the email address of the person you want to give admin rights to. (They will have had to have “liked” the page first). The email address has to be the one they use for Facebook when they log in.
- Type in their email address and in the drop-down it will give you options for the level of accessibility they are allowed. Choose “Admin”.
- A message will appear that alerts you to the level of accessibility this new admin will have.
- Click “Save”.
That’s it! You’ve now added your new admin and have one more person to help keep your page up-to-date and engage with your fans.
Be sure to check our blog for more helpful tips for using and navigating social media platforms.