Title: Graphic Designer
Type of Position: Full-time/Exempt
Compensation: Salary (Level B)
Role: Strategic design applied to business with the ability to create and structure a product or process so as to deliver a desired outcome to the problem or question set. The ability to create visual graphics with a comprehension of color, contrast, type, feature, shape, balance, material and more.
About the Position
Tytanium Ideas is seeking a highly creative, strategic, and product-driven designer. You will work as a part of a design team and will be designing for projects both large and small. You should be eager to learn about our clients and help them knock their goals out of the park by means of effective messaging through design. You may also be asked to learn and develop skills for web development that include basic coding and knowledge of plugins and themes within the WordPress space. UI/UX experience is not required, though highly favored.
The perfect candidate will look like this:
Strategist: You need to be able to work with the Lead Designer and Development Team to come up with creative and innovative solutions that will help the client grow their business. You should be a creative, data-driven thinker and problem-solver.
Learner: You’ll be tackling new clients, new projects both large and small, and other exciting challenges that come with a growing business and industry. You should be excited to tackle new challenges of any size and be a quick study.
Achiever: You will face many challenges and trials. Will you sink or swim? You must be able to “adapt and overcome”, have a positive “can-do” attitude, and a desire to crush it. Basically, be resilient.
Relationship & People Developer: You will be working and interacting with people. You might need to actually like them. If you don’t, how will you do what’s best for them? You’ll be with clients to help them achieve their goals and grow their business through empathy understanding. Plus, you’ll take our company culture further by helping to create a positive and engaging work environment.
Creative: Coming up with creative and new solutions is your jam. You love them, you aren’t scared when they show up and the achiever in you wants to make them better. You think ahead and sniff out bombs proactively and plan for contingencies, balancing competing interests but always take a creative approach to the solution using design thinking.
- 5+ years of experience of graphic design & creative (show us your portfolio)
- A foundation in typography, layout, graphic design and art direction
- An understanding of UX/UI principles – a plus, but not required
- An understanding of Printing and the process – a plus, but not required
- Deep familiarity with professional design tools that consist of the following:
- Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Sketch (InVision Studio and Adobe XD are a plus)
- Experience building prototypes/concepts: Ability to produce likenesses of finished products, and test ideas before they are built. The closer a prototype comes to mimicking a real product (via HTML, CSS, or prototyping software like InVision) the better
- An appreciation for the role of decoration and pleasing aesthetics in addition to building usable, intuitive products. The position will involve, at times, designing printed marketing collaterals
- Clearly communicating design intentions to the design and development teams
- Providing thoughtful and considered comments about design decisions during client and team meetings; guide the client, but not overpower with what only you want
- Love of solving design problems
- Having worked in an agency (or the like) and understands working with varying opinions
- Works well within deadlines and a fast pace
- Enjoys working hard and having fun while doing it!
We are looking to fill this position immediately with the best candidate! Does this sound like you, or the person you want to become? We need to talk then!
Submit your application below, or send your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are the right person for this position and a link/or file to your portfolio to Kimberly Parsons, General Manager: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you today!